Friday, June 19, 2009

Starter blog.

Ah, blogging. The pure pleasure of talking about yourself endlessly to bored strangers and bored friends alike. For months I'll be content to just think my thoughts quietly to myself, maybe jot down the odd note or send the occasional random text message. Then I see someone else's blog, boldly posting the fruit of their brain-loins for all the world to see while they're supposed to be at work...

And I'll think, "Damn, I wish I had a job."

But blogs are easier to come by than jobs, so here we are.

Before we get started, I'll give you all a brief introduction so that those who don't know me can pretend they do, and so that those who do know me can kill some more time at work. My name's Althea, if you couldn't guess by the blogging address. I just turned twenty-five, which was much less of a big deal than I was led to believe (quarter of a century is a pretty superficial landmark anyway when you consider that few people actually live to be a full century). As you can tell by the name of my blog, I'm a huge Jim Henson fan (and please don't complain that it's not an original blog-name: I'm well aware that there are probably hundreds of others called Kermit the Blog, and I'm not about to let that stop me). I have a soft spot for the muppets in particular, but I have a general fondness for all Jim Henson creations. I'm an artist and a writer, and I frequently like to combine the two disciplines to make comics. I'm queer, mostly girl-gay with a splash of boy-gay for flavour (I was actually really excited to see that blogspot included gender identity as well as sexual orientation in its non-discrimination text; you don't see that everywhere, sadly).

I was going to go on about taste in music and movies and books and all of that, but that should all be pretty easy to pick up on as we go along. So that's it for my introduction. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read it.

Now get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment