Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shirley

My great-aunt Shirley passed away last night. I have to admit, it hasn't really hit me yet; I think I already did a lot of my mourning last week, when I first realized that she probably didn't have long left. I am sorry I didn't get to see her again, and I'm really sorry my brother didn't get to see her. My dad is pretty upset that we hadn't visited her much in the past few years. For a while there we were spending a fair amount of time with her, and I think we were all getting something good out of it. There was a distance over the past few years for reasons I've never really understood, I think more to do with distance in my dad's family than with Shirley herself. It's a shame, really, because Shirley was great. I'm sorry we didn't get to see her more, but I'm glad we got to see her one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment