Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Weeks

Today I finally gave my two weeks notice at my job. The anticipation was really the worst part of it. I think I either made myself physically ill this week from fretting about it, or I picked up a stomach bug. Or both. I definitely feel a good bit better than I did (I was pretty sure I was going to puke for a while there), but not great. Although I'm still pretty anxious, so it could still just be nerves.

So far everyone who knows has been really good about it, and very encouraging. Except I guess for my boss Jeff, but he's... Jeff. He just kind of said "okay" and asked me when I wanted my last day to be. Which is better than it could have been (especially since I'm leaving right at the start of the worst part of the year for our department), and it was probably about as much as I could handle right then anyway. Karen and Kim have been really supportive and fantastic. And my teammate Sara is jealous, but she's on her way out in August anyway, so she won't have to be jealous long.

And so. Onward and upward, moving right along, and all of that goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment