Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Illustration Friday - Pattern


I haven't really felt much up to doing the art thing lately, between the car accident and the new job that gives me such little time and has me clicking a mouse seven hours a day... My hands have been hurting and I've just been too tired and dissatisfied with my ideas. But I did happen to check out illustration friday (illustrationfriday.com) this week, and the word of the week was "pattern," which instantly made me think of this drawing I made a ways back. Although I guess most of my drawings I've done for Illustration Friday involve patterns, this drawing is specifically *about* patterns. It's based off a picture I took of one of my old roommates with a classmate's painting.

At any rate... it's a way to feel productive without having to actually draw anything new.

2 comments:

  1. I like it :) The colors, and I think she's comparing the pattern on her dress? Funny :) Also, I love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this is her shoes and feet, something about the way you've drawn the delicate curves is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete